The lounge has a large inglenook fireplace with a log burning stove as its focal point and patio doors that open out on to a terrace, which overlooks meadowland.
There is a comfy 2-settee sofa plus chair with colour TV, video and CD/radio/cassette sound system.
The kitchen is fully fitted with an antique pine table and chairs. It is equipped with an electric cooker and hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. Cooking equipment, utensils and china are all provided.
We also like to make sure that your stay is as hassle free as possible so each kitchen is equipped with washing up liquid, dishwasher powder, rubbish bags, kitchen towels and cleaning products.
The bedroom is furnished with a mixture of old and new pine and a Victorian flour store has been restored and is incorporated in to the ceiling. When you arrive you will find the bed made with freshly laundered sheets and towels on the heated towel rail in the bathroom.
The cottages are completely self contained and centrally heated with their own front door and terrace which can be accessed through the patio doors in each of the lounges.
We provide quality mattresses, duvets, linen and towels and for each week of your stay you will receive clean sheets and duvet covers, towels and tea towels.
One basket of firewood and logs are provided free for Baker’s and Bread Cottage.
BBQs and garden furniture including umbrellas are provided with each cottage.
Highchair, cot and some children’s videos are available on request.
Each cottage has its own iron and ironing board and all have access to the laundry room, which contains washing machine, and tumble dryer. We provide all washing powder etc and just ask that you put £3 in the pot next to the machines after each use.
In the lounge of each cottage you will find a folder detailing walks, the best pubs and restaurants and brochures on what to do and what is going on in the area. There is also an album of photographs that charts the progress of converting the cottages – the transformation is quite remarkable.
In addition we provide a full English breakfast pack which includes bacon, sausages and eggs (all locally sourced), local honey, tea, coffee, sugar, butter and a pint of milk which is supplied by the local milkman and can be delivered throughout your stay if you so wish.
There is also a games room which houses a three-quarter sized snooker table and darts board. Games including children’s ones and jigsaws and cards are available on request. All of the cottages are NO Smoking.
1. Reservations made more than four weeks before arrival, please pay a 25% deposit of the total hire charge and the remainder one month prior to arrival date.
2. Reservations made less than four weeks prior to arrival, full paymentis required upon booking.
3. All breakages must be reported to the owners, damage however caused duringthe hire period is at the hirer\'s expense.
4. The hirer is responsible for the property and is expected to take reasonable care of it. The cottage and its equipment and utensils etc. must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period.
5. The hire shall be for holiday purpose only and shall not confer on the hirer any security of tenure within the terms of the Housing Act 1988 pursuant to which the occupation shall be.
6. The owners reserve the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
7. Baker\'s, bread and Pudding are all non smoking properties.
8. Pets accepted by arrangement at the time of booking. Pets must never be left unattended on a cottage in a cottage or on site.
9. Guests should arrive between 3pm and 6pm. Please make arrangements with the owners if you wish to arrive outside the stated times, we like to personally welcome our guests. Properties must be vacated by 11am on the day of departure to enable the properties to be made ready for reoccupation.